26 September 2011

Journal de la Semaine, 18-24 Septembre

18me-24me

Su           Today was one of those Sundays that go according to plan while being moved by a subtle and more powerful pull. These instances of pleasant overlap of our micro and macro experiences, which are experienced in the present but perhaps strongest in retrospect, are profound, perhaps necessarily so. Also, I sat in on a conversation with Jawole Zollar and Liz Lerman. Potential research and dance project.
                I seduced Kyle but only momentarily, for the instant that I stopped I got typically sleepy until he arrived.

M            Monday was a very busy day. I obtained a little green-blue couch, had a job interview with three interviewers present (they made quite the tour-de-force, perhaps without realizing the power of their presence), and a trip to the Boston Ballet practice studios in the South End of Boston. I spent the evening with Dylan Freedman, which was a pleasure. At the end of the day, I was undoubtedly happy. 

T              Today I was in a very peaceful place and did not feel much for conversation. Most easily put, I had nothing to say to anyone. If only it were that easy without inciting offense. I enjoyed working with Jawole Zollar and Liz Lerman in class today, and on the walk home I procured some ivy from a brick wall, foliage that is now draped in my room to my greatest pleasure.

W            I worked out and feel so good. Ballet class was also amazing today. I felt it. Starting reading on René Descartes tomorrow morning, after an orange and a cigarette on the bench outside as it lounges in morninglight. 

Th           The weather was muggy and the benches wet, so I did not take the cigarette. Instead, I read at leisure at brought Kyle breakfast, for he hadn’t slept at all and with class all the day he wouldn’t have had the time. I also wrote a poem about the spider during this time. Jawole Zollar is magnificent.

F              I danced with Jun for the first time today. After fraternizing, I watched Mean Girls with Dylan and Kyle (it is still very funny). While the movie played, I learned who the young pianist was in Cabot: his name is Michael Taylor, which was a funny coincidence.  After walking to a pizza joint with Dylan, whose stomach was quite empty, I returned to my room to continue moving around. 

Sa           Sacvan Bercovitch failed to communicate with me about working for him this weekend, so I didn’t. I got very upset due to the conditions of a social mixer hosted by the fraternity. I was one man in a gentle threesome last night with two gentle friends, which was a new experience for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment